White Spring Ranch is listed on the National Historical Registry and was the homestead of early settlers in the wheat producing Palouse area south of Moscow Idaho. John Lorang and Mary Gesellchen Lorang created a successful farm and they and three generations of the family preserved all its history from its founding in 1885 to the present day. Thousands of artifacts are in the archive library collection. The museum is supported by grants and donations and by students and faculty from Washington State University and the University of Idaho.
With a minimal budget of grants and donations, we have become a gathering site for students, artists and volunteers with all kinds of skills to restore the: 1878 Log cabin, c.1880’s Curio cabin, c.1873-1904 Historical Farmhouse and 160 years of letters, journals, books and photographs into an onsite and online library. Learn of the farming history of Idaho and details of American life for the last 160 years.